Love is one of those words that most people don’t understand. Maybe it isn’t meant to be understood but just to be felt. Nonetheless, Plato, in his Symposism, described love as superseding lust, or animalistic desire, and entering into a more intellectual concept of something or someone. Parents everywhere describe having their first child as finally understanding what love means. Some still have a hard time looking at their partner and knowing “for sure” if it’s love that they feel for them.
I don’t believe that I can tell you how to find love. The only thing I can really tell you is how to show love. Showing love can be as easy as reminding your friend to “drive safe” when they leave your house. Get it Going helps its readers take action in their own lives to Get it Going. To us, what you give is what you get back. Follow what your heart says and do what you can to let people know that you care.
Sometimes it is hard to know how to express love to others on an everyday basis. Here is a list of things you can do to show love and Get it Going in your own communities:
- Give time to someone you haven’t seen in awhile
- Buy the person behind you in line a coffee
- Say “thank you” to your loved ones
- Do things without expecting a “thank you” in return
- Offer to volunteer at your local hospital, animal shelter, etc.
- Get to know your neighbors and ask if they need anything
- Smile at whoever catches your eye on the street
- Donate the things you don’t use/wear anymore
- Be thoughtlessly generous with gifts
- Create a surprise for your loved one, significant other, best friend, anyone
- Listen to someone you know is having a difficult time
- Encourage others to be their best selves
- Write a letter to someone you miss
- Refrain from giving harsh criticism for a full week